Monday, November 15, 2010

iPhone 4 reliable yet breakable

SquareTrade, the largest independent warranty provider, rated some of the most popular smartphones out there by their reliability and as it turns out, Apple's iPhone 4 suffers from the least non-accident malfunctions compared to the competition. Interestingly, it is also the easiest device to break.
Click to Zoom






As for the phone with highest accidental damage rates, it is again the Apple iPhone 4. A projected 13.8 percent of the iPhone 4 devices suffer from some accident damage, while only 9.4% of the iPhone 3GS owners report accidents. Of course, the reason is that both the front and the back of the iPhone 4 are made of glass. And glass is breakable.

Specifications can be found here.

Full Review can be found here.

15 comments:

dee jey said...

cool infos dude

KTOTHES said...

HAHA iphone 4 a paradox. I want the N8!!! :D

Sam said...

makes you think twice about buying one

MarkoManager said...

Interestin' statistics...

level85nerd said...

Wow, friend of mine got the iphone 4 :o

Chris said...

I'm still unsure what is the right smartphone for me - but more and more I think NOT apple

Dan said...

Hmm interesting. I had to have my iPhone replaced because the external speaker went bad. However, it is a very sturdy device. One of the main draws towards Apple products is that they are really well made. Probably one of the few reasons I would actually consider buying their overpriced laptops.

Unlogic said...

wow, that sucks :/

SuciƓ Sanchez said...

In our house the main way mobiles die is by being put in the washing machine.

Unknown said...

That's accurate. I had a HTC and the screen broke up =(

SpringyB said...

Hmm interesting. I'd go with the one with a low malfunction rate and just hope I was careful.

Willow said...

I still have my 1st gen iPhone, and it works beautifully

pixel said...

everything breaks though

i_love_weed said...

wow, thats alotta failure

World of Zero said...

Their must be a lot of people texting while driving with their Iphone. If it doesn't break then why are their so many accidents with them?

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please use decent language and don't spam your website title. Anyone can see your website by simply clicking your profile.